Now that the McClellatron 3000 and Card are gone, Snow (no, the other one) is almost gone, and the White House pastry chefs have been shuffled, it’s time for a 5 point plan to rescue the Dear Leaker’s presidency. J. Bolten (no, the other one) vows to:
1) Deploy guns and badges (to play to the conservative base on illegal immigration using the cloak of Homeland Security).
2) Make Wall Street happy (through tax cuts).
3) Brag more ("highlight the glimmer of success in Iraq").
4) Reclaim security issue by playing tough with Iran (on Iran, "Democrats will lose").
5) Court the press (offer Tony Snow of Fox News the job of White House press secretary - looks like he'll acccept).
Of course, none of this will help. Instead, Agitprop offers the following:
1) Deploy decently-armored vehicles and good-quality body armor to the troops you claim to care so much about.
2) Make Wall Street happy through promises of tax cuts you will never deliver, sort of like your promises to help New Orleans.
3) Brag less, especially when you haven’t accomplished any mission except the one to deprive your “subjects” of even the most basic rights.
4) Reclaim security by actually reclaiming security instead of, for example, permitting 98 out of 100 shipping containers coming into ‘das Homeland’ to go uninspected.
5) Level with the press, especially about all those “ongoing criminal investigations” you’ve spawned.
That is all.