It's Red-Meat Week in Wingnuttia, what with (failed) votes on homo nups and the estate tax (or death tax for you conservatives), and don't forget that flag-burning's up next week ... so what else is going on?
• The NSA is going to be combining data from social networking websites (myspace, friendster) with details such as banking, retail, and property records so they can develop extensive, all-embracing personal profiles of individuals. In a related story, the House GOP took another step towards killing off the Internet as we know it.
• The GOP is trying to slash PBS funding again, this time setting up a false choice between Big Bird and handicapped children (yeah, right).
• GOP Rep. Jerry Lewis (LA LA LA, Nice earmark!) seems to have been caught with his hands in the till - set up a slush fund for a daughter-in-law, let one lobbyist write legislation, and tried to set up stock options for another (a former House colleague).
• Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK) says he's real happy that there are no homos in his family.
• Ann Coulter lifted her emaciated leg on 9/11 families, accusing them of "enjoying" the death of their loved ones (9/11 widows respond here). In a related story, Coulter doesn't attend the church where she claims to worship. And she might be a plagiarist (just sayin').
• The Dear Leader and Rummy claimed that killing Zarqawi is yet another turning point in Operation Enduring War™. Also, a Washington Times hit piece claiming Democrats said the Zarqawi killing was a "stunt" turns out to be, well, a stunt. And finally, Bill "Come on Seven!" Bennett made fun of Christian Amanpour's accent as he accused her of insufficient joy at Zarqawi's death.